Sandroyd school calorifier replacement
Date: Summer 2017
Scope of work
- Disconnect & remove two decommissioned cast iron boiler shells with oil package burners, separate sections and disconnect waterways from the system network.
- Drain & disconnect hot water system and two existing aged & leaking hot water calorifiers.
- Crane lift the existing boilers out through the skylight access hatch. Crane lift in 2 x Hamworthy power stock 800 L glass-lined calorifiers.
- Replace aged 3 port diverter valves and alter pipework to accommodate new calorifiers.
- Install new pipework support system from the ceiling due to walls being asbestos treated.
- Install new pipework to connect new calorifiers into the hot water supply system.
- Insulate pipework & commission system.